Current Available Work at home Jobs

Parents - Here's How to Be Successful Working at Home

Children, especially small children can be demanding of your time. It is important for you to find a balance between work and family to be productive while working at home.

Set a Schedule

It is important to set a schedule while working at home. By setting up regular business hours you will maintain order and your clients or employer will know the best time to reach you.

Set your business hours around your situation. If you have small children it may be necessary to arrange your schedule around when your children are sleeping.

If you have school aged children, you may be able to work a few hours during their school program and then resume working when you have a spouse to take care of the children in the evening.

Create a Space

Routines and schedules are very important but so is a space of your own. Establish a home office or a quiet corner for you to organize your workspace.

Set boundaries for your children so they know that they should not be in your office area. If your computer is the only one in the household, then you should be sure to keep your important files backed up and stored so they will not be harmed.

Your workspace should be quiet and away from children preferably with a door that can be shut while you are on the phone. If your work does not involve the phone it may be possible for you to set up a desk in the corner of a room where you can keep an eye on the children as they play.

You can save your phone calls for when the children are napping or in a school program.
Hire Help
Of course young children need more attention than older children. If your children are too young for school and you are unable to do your work while they are napping, it may be important to look for a helper.

A helper could come in and handle some basic household chores as well as playing and caring for the children freeing you to focus on your work.

A few hours of extra help could make it possible for you to complete your work and keep your children satisfied.

Tony Jacowski is a quality analyst for The MBA Journal. Aveta Solutions - Six Sigma Online ( http://www.sixsigmaonline.org ) offers online six sigma training and certification classes for lean six sigma, black belts, green belts, and yellow belts.

6 comments:

Interior Designing Ideas said...

This seems interesting, I lost my day job so I am looking for earning some serious money online. Will have a try at this one.

re-roof west yorkshire said...

thanks for this, its very intersting

web solutions said...

Thanks for sharing this content.
i wish for my self that i earn money through internet

Online Surveys For Cash said...

Thanks for sharing this content.
i wish for my self that i earn money through internet

Online Surveys For Cash - http://freesurveycash.net/

Paid Surveys said...

Great post and I completely agree. Staying focused when you are online doing your work is one of the most important things I have found you must do.

I create a list of must-do tasks, then do them first. Once their done if time permits, I will alow my-self to be distracted a bit.

I don't know how much time I wasted in the beginning allowing my-self to drift off into cyberspace and not get my work done. This can happen easily, then when time is up, you find your-self regretful for not getting your work done.

Try taking 5 minutes or so before starting your work to create a list. It may very well save you a great deal in the end.

Take Care,

Chris

Caribe C condos said...

Thanks for the information and tips. I have a child and my wife also works online. We set a schedule for each other so that there will be no problem on who's taking care of the child. I also learned some tips regarding the workplace. I thought I'd put my working place in our room so that our child would not go there and stay away from accidents.

Post a Comment